Vertical Aspect FAQs

What is an FAA Part 107? How can I get one?

To legally fly commercial UAV flights in the United States, either a Section 333 Exemption or FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot’s Certificate is needed.  The Sect 333 has largely been superseded by the Part 107 which requires a knowledge test and includes a TSA background check.

Details on the Part 107 can be found at